February 12 on Trainning.com
Click here to attend on Trainning.com
Recruiters receive countless applications for every job they post, and they don’t have a lot of time to read each one. By the end of this session, you will understand the difference between private sector and government applications.
You will be able to present your most significant experience and skills in a way that captures the reader’s attention. You will know when to consider a functional vs. a chronologic resume.
You will also learn how to effectively present several similar jobs, numerous short-term or seasonal jobs, or a gap in your work history. You will also understand why the cover letter is so important and how to make it stand out.
Job applications specify the duties and responsibilities that the work requires. Your resume and cover letter are your response to these requirements.
It’s not easy, however, to present your skills, knowledge and characteristics in writing so that a recruiter invites you for an interview – especially when they may have many applications to choose from.
This session will provide you with practical and creative tips to increase your success in being selected for an interview.
- Understand the different expectations between private sector and government recruiters
- Highlight your “value proposition”
- Write effective accomplishment statements
- Describe the difference styles of resumes and how to creatively emphasize your skills and experience
- Understand the role of the cover letter
- Customize your cover letter for each job application