Really enjoyed presenting to my TD Bank clients in Toronto yesterday. The program was a combination of Professional Image, Performance Networking and Social Etiquette.
Making Better Decisions
Good decisions means good business. Join us for this illuminating one-hour webinar to learn the essential skills of making and implementing good decisions in the workplace. Our work requires decision making as a key component and yet most are unaware of the process that makes for better decisions.
This webinar explores everything from: do you need to even make a decision; which process to employ: rational or intuitive; seven step process for big decisions, etc.
Participants will learn
- When to make or not make a decision
- Different styles for different circumstances
- Apply an appropriate strategy given the factors
- Explore our thinking defaults that lead us in different directions
- Implement the proven process leading to good outcomes
- Explore the challenges of team decision making
This webinar is ideal for anyone that needs to think about options and implement plans at work.
Time Management Fundamentals
“You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it”. Charles Biston
Time is one of our most precious and limited resources. Effective time management is an indispensable skill that can be learned.
This webinar lays the groundwork to help you manage your time simply and effectively and become more productive in the process.
Participants will learn how to:
- Apply the 80/20 rule
- Structure your week to make the most effective use of your time
- Categorize tasks using the Urgent/Important Matrix
- Establish Priorities
- Use a range of time management tools and techniques for increased productivity
Lynne was pleased to present her Professional Image and Performance Networking Skills program for The Hamdy Smith Group, a Scotia Wealth Management team, at Toronto’s National Club.
This group of successful wealth professionals are no strangers to the competitive demands of their profession. And they clearly appreciate the nuances of presenting themselves both in appearance and behavior to their best advantage. It’s always great to interact with professionals at this level…simply because they really understand the impact the little things can make.
Our time together, albeit short, was educational and supportive. We explored, discussed and practiced,
- Creating a positive emotional connection with those we meet at professional/social functions
- How our appearance enhances, or undermines, our credibility in the eyes of others (we even did colours!)
- The nuances of meeting clients in different settings: office/home, galas, sporting events, etc.
- Social protocols and dining etiquette with a mind to focus on the client and opportunity rather than our own behaviors
Our professional lives are busy and full of competing demands. It’s important that we are professionally knowledgeable, tech savvy, excellent communicators, emotionally intelligent, caring and committed, etc., etc. Our hope, and goal, at Mackay Byrne Group is to give professionals the skills to be comfortable and confident within themselves as a foundation to flourish in their careers.
Being the host of a professional social event is an exciting and high profile way to make an impression on clients, peers, industry leaders, your professional community, etc. Be sure to make this impression outstanding by learning the essential requirements of host behaviors: before, during, and after the event. Cover your bases with pre-event planning: everything from logistics to back-up plans for the unexpected. Cultivate an attitude that exudes calm professionalism; learn diplomatic assertion to keep things on track; and, be attentive to the wide variety of participants’ needs, including gender and cultural differences.
When an event runs smoothly, and participants (attendees, speakers, VIPS, etc.) are made to feel comfortable and engaged with meaningful material, the host organization is seen to have pulled off something very special. Make extraordinary a ‘matter of course’ for you and your team when hosting events. This session provides us with the insights and practical strategies to make the most of our hosting opportunities.
Mackay Byrne Group Inc.
328 Frank Street
Tel: 613 233 2563 Fax: 613 821 2334
Latest MBG News
- August 24th Traininng.com – Presentation Skills for Professionals: Live and Virtual DeliveryAugust 7, 2020 - 11:53 pm
- August 10: CPA Ontario training “What’s your Next Level”August 7, 2020 - 11:50 pm
- Remote Presentations : How to Make Them Engaging and Productive by Paula Connolly scheduled to go LIVE on Friday July 31st, 2020 at 11AM ETJuly 18, 2020 - 11:53 am
- Professional Presence: The Essentials of Confidence, Credibility and Composure Webinar – Friday, July 24th, 2020 at 11AM ETJuly 18, 2020 - 11:52 am