Really enjoyed presenting to my TD Bank clients in Toronto yesterday. The program was a combination of Professional Image, Performance Networking and Social Etiquette.
Lynne presented a 1.5 hour keynote presentation on Professional Image and Business Etiquette strategies at the Shaw Centre in 2016 for the sold-out ARMA (Association of Records Management) in November 2016 at the Shaw Centre in downtown Ottawa. The 210 delegates loved her dynamic and insightful keynote that assists individuals in their group work and project management.
Here are just some of the client comments:
“Wonderful keynote speaker – great take-aways re: interacting with clients when providing IM services”
“I liked her presentation. Great public speaker and engaging people”
“FABULOUS! Not just for my information, but I wish this would be given to all government departments!”
“Good communicator and great presentation”
Making Better Decisions
Good decisions means good business. Join us for this illuminating one-hour webinar to learn the essential skills of making and implementing good decisions in the workplace. Our work requires decision making as a key component and yet most are unaware of the process that makes for better decisions.
This webinar explores everything from: do you need to even make a decision; which process to employ: rational or intuitive; seven step process for big decisions, etc.
Participants will learn
- When to make or not make a decision
- Different styles for different circumstances
- Apply an appropriate strategy given the factors
- Explore our thinking defaults that lead us in different directions
- Implement the proven process leading to good outcomes
- Explore the challenges of team decision making
This webinar is ideal for anyone that needs to think about options and implement plans at work.
Time Management Fundamentals
“You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it”. Charles Biston
Time is one of our most precious and limited resources. Effective time management is an indispensable skill that can be learned.
This webinar lays the groundwork to help you manage your time simply and effectively and become more productive in the process.
Participants will learn how to:
- Apply the 80/20 rule
- Structure your week to make the most effective use of your time
- Categorize tasks using the Urgent/Important Matrix
- Establish Priorities
- Use a range of time management tools and techniques for increased productivity
Lynne was pleased to present her Professional Image and Performance Networking Skills program for The Hamdy Smith Group, a Scotia Wealth Management team, at Toronto’s National Club.
This group of successful wealth professionals are no strangers to the competitive demands of their profession. And they clearly appreciate the nuances of presenting themselves both in appearance and behavior to their best advantage. It’s always great to interact with professionals at this level…simply because they really understand the impact the little things can make.
Our time together, albeit short, was educational and supportive. We explored, discussed and practiced,
- Creating a positive emotional connection with those we meet at professional/social functions
- How our appearance enhances, or undermines, our credibility in the eyes of others (we even did colours!)
- The nuances of meeting clients in different settings: office/home, galas, sporting events, etc.
- Social protocols and dining etiquette with a mind to focus on the client and opportunity rather than our own behaviors
Our professional lives are busy and full of competing demands. It’s important that we are professionally knowledgeable, tech savvy, excellent communicators, emotionally intelligent, caring and committed, etc., etc. Our hope, and goal, at Mackay Byrne Group is to give professionals the skills to be comfortable and confident within themselves as a foundation to flourish in their careers.
Professional Image: The Psychology of Perception
A universal perceptual tendency is to “judge a book by its cover”. We form lasting opinions based on what we see. In fact, over half of the impression you convey to others is based on appearance. The look of credibility, composure and professionalism must accompany the message for an audience or client to accept it. You must be believed to be heard, and we believe what we see.
Be sure to send the full message by visually presenting your professional credibility. This seminar is about attaining a professional presence that in all circumstances speaks well of you. Learn how your body language, dress and personal style impact the decisions others make of you and your ideas.
• The impact of appearance on client perceptions
• Powerful first impressions
• How to create the “look” of professional credibility
• The power of colour on visual communication
• Clothing signals and how to dress to gain respect
• Clothes you should never wear, and the clothes you must have
• Why it is critical to appear current (not trendy) with your appearance
• The distinctions between professional and business casual dress
• How to dress for clients and situations, urban/rural etc.
• Select and coordinate the appropriate design elements in business casual clothing
• Use appropriate colour coordination techniques when combining separates
• Choose the correct footwear, jewelry, outerwear, and accessories to complete their
business casual wardrobe
• How to look your best with minimal effort
• How to build a professional wardrobe on your budget
This seminar can be focused primarily on both Business Professional and Casual Dress. The workshop incorporates short lecture, clothing samples current to the season, a PowerPoint presentation, and interactive experiences to create an outstanding learning environment.
Personal Colour Analysis
An individual colour reading service will be provided for each person. This reading will also include an analysis of individual colour characteristics. A colour wallet is provided tailored to their skin tones and unique features. This provides a reference on how to correctly coordinate colour within one’s personal wardrobe.
Lynne will provide each person recommendations on clothing/accessories, makeup, eyewear (optional), and hair colour suited to their personal needs.
Mackay Byrne Group Inc.
328 Frank Street
Tel: 613 233 2563 Fax: 613 821 2334
Latest MBG News
- January 2020 – MD Financial ManagementJanuary 11, 2020 - 11:04 pm
- January 21st Traininng.com – Professional Presence: The Essentials of Confidence, Credibility and Composure.January 11, 2020 - 10:59 pm
- SISIP Financial Client Communication: Emotional Persuasion and Presentation SkillsJanuary 11, 2020 - 10:58 pm
- SISIP Financial – January 2020 Client Interaction: Professional Image: The Psychology of Perception – OttawaJanuary 11, 2020 - 10:57 pm