Presence is personality projected. A presence that speaks well of an individual is one that projects credibility, composure, and confidence. These behaviors are not spoken but rather are displayed through the sum total of the individual. This persona is built on a healthy foundation of positive self esteem and rational thinking. Attending meetings, delivering presentations, conversing with colleagues: all these work events provide an opportunity to promote presence. Our appearance, non-verbal communication, voice and words all combine to demonstrate our persona and as such much be constructed in a way that consistently sends the right message.
Click here to visit traininng.com and attend this webinar!
Learn how to keep your composure and self-confidence high in the midst of hardship; how to identify and overcome your self-imposed barriers and limits. Learn to create win-win solutions with everyone you work with. In this exciting talk, you’ll learn how to confidently express your ideas and feelings; deal with negative, aggressive and difficult people; never feel the need to make excuses, over-explain, or over-apologize. You’ll learn how to speak about your accomplishments with accuracy and confidence.
• Maximize our impressions management skills
• Appreciate the role of appearance in building credibility
• Explore the role of non verbal communication in enhancing composure and confidence
• Understand self-concept and its influence on our work
• Recognize the importance of emotions in the workplace
• Be politically savvy through assertive communication
• Deal rationally and effectively with difficult people.
• Prevent communication breakdowns
• Identify and dispute the fallacies that create debilitative emotions
• Incorporate rational thinking to maintain emotional control
• Create and maintain a communication climate of support rather than defensiveness
• Maintain control in difficult to control situations
• Manage expectations throughout the process to circumvent excessive demands
• Use professional integrity as a tool to disarm difficult interactions
• Communicate assertive statements to clarify expectations clearly
• Explore win-win outcomes to deal with unreasonable requests