Emotional Intelligence: The three most important EQ skills needed in business today
Performance Communications and Professional Image
This, do not miss, workshop gets to the heart of what matters most in our daily interactions with colleagues, clients, family and friends…. emotion. Our emotional abilities are learned, and can be improved with knowledge and practice.
We explore three areas that each participant brings to their interactions in the retail store: intrapersonal awareness and choices: Empathy, Curiosity, and Re Intrapersonal awareness is the foundation of everything! Take charge of your attitude and you take charge of your life with new strategies for beating negativity, eliminating doubts, and setting positive goals. Understand the power of thought, and its impact on prompting emotion. Recognize that thoughts are a choice, and that the right choice leads to better decisions and better outcomes.
The demonstration of high EI is outstanding interpersonal communication. Participants practice. “being their best selves”, through experiential activities that foster: assertiveness and empathy. • Listen to make every person feel important and understood • Appreciate the importance and power of empathy to career success • Incorporate empathy to be at our best during diﬃcult interactions • Choose and apply speciﬁc communication strategies to maximize their persuasive inﬂuence • Harness the emotional component to assertiveness in promoting ideasthose we meet in, and out, of the store.
Resilience (overcoming self-imposed barriers)
- Uncover the underpinning of conﬁdence: realistic self-regard, positive perceptions.
- Appreciate the think, feel, behave dynamic and how reality testing improves our attitude and actions
- Program yourself for success through accurate thinking
- Learn to tolerate the stresses of that upset our balance and aﬀect our performance
Empathy (being our best self)
- Listen to make every person feel important and understood
- Appreciate the importance and power of empathy to career success
- Incorporate empathy to be at our best during diﬃcult interactions
- Choose and apply speciﬁc communication strategies to maximize their persuasive inﬂuence
- Harness the emotional component to assertiveness in promoting ideas
Curiosity (connecting emotionally)
- Recognize the power of small talk for building relationships
- Tap into the autobiographical urge of existing and prospective customers
- Realize that business ﬂows in the direction of biographical knowledge
- Learn to make connections through intelligent inquiry