Part 1 – Image Analysis: Lynne Mackay
A presence that speaks well of an individual is one that projects credibility, composure, and confidence. These behaviors are not spoken but rather are displayed through the sum total of the individual. This persona is built on a healthy foundation of positive self-esteem and rational thinking. Attending meetings, delivering presentations, conversing with colleagues: all these work events provide an opportunity to promote presence. Our appearance, non-verbal communication, voice and words all combine to demonstrate our persona and as such much be constructed in a way that consistently sends the right message.
• Analysis of individual appearance characteristics, body type, colouring, grooming, and clothing personality.
• Analysis of personal career needs and situations
• Colour analysis
• Business casual dress do’s and don’ts, business professional recommendations in dress and related items.
• Budget and where to shop
This session will be supportive and confidential. Lynne Mackay will provide recommendations in a workbook for personal reference. A colour wallet for appropriate shopping selections will also be included in this service.
Part 2 – Networking & Social Etiquette Skills (Optional)
Networking & Social Protocols:
Successful networking, both internally and externally, requires that we understand and meet the unwritten expectations of the pseudo social/professional arena. Managing the impression you make and maximizing your ‘like-ability’ are the keys to making every networking opportunity consistently profitable.
First impressions really are important. The way you greet people can set the tone for the entire interaction that follows. If you make a poor initial impression, you may spend the rest of your time overcoming it. In this fun and interactive workshop you will be given tips on putting your best foot forward with the right handshake, effective introductions, and presenting and requesting business cards with confidence.
You’ll master the principles of impression management by exploring perceptual tendencies, the ins-and-outs of small talk, and the subtleties of conversation.
This presentation can be tailored to an individual and will combine lecture and practice of key networking and etiquette strategies to ensure successful business development.
• Be an ambassador in representing the mission and values of the organization
• Incorporate appropriate business protocols during all client interactions.
• Host and guest behaviours
• Cocktail Etiquette Skills
• Dining Skills: Optional
• Demonstrate proper table manners
• Make a good impression when hosting/entertaining customers
• Be confident about your table manners, allowing you to focus on the guest/customer
• Maximize your impression management skills
• Create a visual presence that conveys credibility and self-assurance
• Incorporate the psychology of positive and negative impressions when building a professional wardrobe
• Have fun learning how our image affects the impressions others have of us
• Know the techniques necessary to develop a style of your own
• Discover which styles are most in harmony with you and your career objectives
Part 3 – Performance Communication Skills: Paul Byrne (Optional)
Professional communication is the cornerstone to supervisory success. These one hour individualized sessions, designed for professionals, focus on the essential communication skills to be an effective leader. We’ll explore, and practice, the skills of listening with intent, sending messages with clarity and persuasiveness, and communicating for success. Through one-on-one interaction, self- diagnosis, case studies and skill practice, participants will learn the practical communications skills relevant to their workplace reality. Participants will learn to communicate more effectively with all levels of the company’s hierarchy: supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
This session has helped countless individuals – lawyers, politicians, business people, psychologists, etc., by providing easy to implement strategies and techniques to communicate more effectively. It increases one’s confidence by confirming one’s skills that are efficient and effective, and provides direction to close gaps in certain areas.
As we proceed through the session we will explore and practice a selection of the following skill areas.
• Communication Style
• Conflict Style
• Listening Skills
• Leadership Skills
• Non-verbal Communications
• Presentation Skills
• Role-play Assessment of Difficult Situations
• Conversation Management
The session will illuminate areas for improvement and we’ll work on them immediately.
Video analysis is used to provide immediate feedback.
• Boardroom (or large office)
• One television (for video feedback)